Discovering the right home should be an exciting event. As a Berkshire Hathaway Home Services sales professional, my commitment is to make your home search as stress-free as possible.
- Identifying up-front what is affordable
- I will select only those properties that most closely meet your unique needs and interests
- We will schedule time to look at homes and neighborhoods
- If the seller or their real estate professional is at the property when we are there, it would be best for you to limit your conversation with them
- You can use the Homefinding Worksheets I give you to evaluate each property
- To help me find the right home for you, I will ask you to tell me your thoughts about each property you see – the positives and negatives
- We will continue to assess your needs and buying criteria
Submitting An Offer
Once you have found the right property, the next step is to make the offer to the seller.
- Determine the price you want to offer
- Decide on financing
- Decide on other issues that are important to you such as:
- Items of personal property you want included
- Home Service Plan, inspections, repairs, lien search, etc.
- Closing date and possession
- I will present your offer and negotiate with the seller through their sales professional for your best interests
- Once you have reached an agreement with the seller, you will have a firm contract to purchase the home
Important Ways to Protect Your Interests
There are several ways to help support a trouble-free home purchase:
- A written property disclosure statement from the seller will reveal any problems with the house and the surrounding area that you need to know about
- Professional inspections can reveal structural, roof, termite and other problems with the property that the seller will need to remedy
- A home service plan can give you peace of mind by providing repair-or-replace coverage of major home operating systems and appliances
- A preliminary title report informs you of any problems with the property’s title and a policy of title insurance protects your rights to the property
- A walk-through before closing will allow you to make sure all required work has been taken care of and that the property is ready to become yours
Completing Your Home Purchase
It can take 15-90 days to complete all the steps involved in a home sale, depending on the complexity of the transactions. I will work closely with everyone involved in the transaction to help ensure that it moves ahead as smoothly as possible.
- Explain to you in detail all the steps that will occur and answer your questions
- Work with the seller’s broker to see that they fulfill their responsibilities under the contract
- Stay in touch with the settlement officer, title officer, lender and others to help coordinate their activities and to help keep the transaction moving forward
- Communicate with you on a regular basis so that you can stay informed and as worry-free as possible